The reasons for having a rear-facing dog car seat are similar to the reasons we keep infants and children up to 30 lbs. in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible. According to auto accident data, the majority of injuries in small children occur from coming into contact with hard surfaces in the car, like dashboards and front seatbacks. For unrestrained pets, this hard surface could be a windshield, front seatback, hard crate or worse. PupSaver is the only pet product manufacturer to address this concern and take safety beyond restraint. This patented rear-facing design mimics an infant safety seat and keeps your dog's head and neck supported and safe. Providing this kind of energy absorption is something that a seatbelt harness or crate can never do.
- Crash tested, the rear-facing design will catch your dog upon impact and act as a protective barrier to prevent contact with hard surfaces.
- Five total seatbelt-grade plastic clips (reversible for use behind the driver and passenger seats) lock PupSaver in place and integrate with seatbelt pre-tensioner in case of an accident to pull PupSaver safely over your dog.
- Full polyfill throughout (no inflation required!).
- Additional stitching, reinforced nylon backing at all attachment points.
- Heavy-duty metal j-hooks for lower LATCH (child safety seat) anchors in the back seat.
- A new all-metal tether attachment system provides security at the base of the seat.
- It can be used in the front or back seat.
- It can double as a pet bed while traveling.
Specifications for the Original:
Weight = 7 lbs.
Seat Cover Fabric: Nylon.
Filling: Polyester Fiber.
Seat Pad Filling: Polyurethane foam.
Tether Clasp/ Tether Attachment Points: Metal.
Size: Original 24" (interior width - the part your dog sits on) x 28" (exterior width at widest point) x 18" (seat bottom depth) x 16" (seat back height) - Best for pet 10 - 30 lbs
Compatible Harness Features:
Don't risk your dog's life to an untested, uncomfortable and unsafe harness! The PupSaver Harness is the only harness we recommend for use with all PupSaver models.
Crash Tested — Our harnesses have been through the same rigorous crash tests as the AirPupSaver and have been proven crash test safe again and again. Because of this, we only recommend using the PupSaver Harness with the PupSaver.
Comfortable — Dogs love their PupSaver Harness. The front (chest-side) D-ring makes the PupSaver riding experience easier for your dog by keeping their point of connection at a stable, low connection. This allows you to give your pup slack to be comfortable, without risking choking.
Easy to Use — The buckles we chose for the PupSaver Harness make for quick and safe attachment/detachment. Many owners use their PupSaver harness as their regular harness-of-choice on walks. The low connection point on the chest helps keep dogs that pull from walking you.
To measure your dog's PupSaver True Fit Size, you must measure in two places:
- Neck Girth: The measurement should be at the base of the neck/ at top of chest.
- Chest Girth: The measurement should be just behind the front legs around the ribcage.
Please measure your car's seat before purchasing. Due to strict health regulations, this item cannot be restocked and resold. Returns/Exchanges are not accepted.